You can install and set up the Luca app on your smartphone in just a few steps. The app is intended to simplify contact tracing in the wake of the corona pandemic. We will tell you how this is possible and what needs to be considered in this practical tip.
Install And Set Up The Luca App – This Is How You Proceed
The Luca app is intended to be an essential step in opening shops and restaurants during the corona pandemic. This is intended to simplify contact tracing, making it unnecessary to fill out slips of paper by hand. The installation is possible for smartphones with Android ( Download Luca App for Android ) and iOS ( Download Luca App for iOS ).
- Install the app by tapping the links above or by searching for “Luca” in the Google Play Store or App Store and installing the app from there.
- You must then enter your contact details such as name and telephone number and your address. Be sure to enter a current phone number, as this will be used for verification.
- The app is now set up and can be used. You can now have the displayed QR code scanned at an event, or you can watch a QR code yourself by tapping “Check-in yourself.”
- You can also use the “Create private meeting” button to generate a QR code for a meeting yourself. Friends or family can then scan this.
This Is How The Luca App Works
The Luca app should be an essential addition to the Corona warning app and allow it to go to the theater, restaurants, and sporting events again. How the Luca app works are quickly explained:
- It digitizes contact tracing. This should make filling out slips of paper by hand when you go to a restaurant a thing of the past.
- Instead, your QR code will be scanned during your visit, or you can review the organizer’s code yourself. You will also be checked out automatically when you leave the defined radius.
- The data cannot be viewed by third parties such as the organizer. Only in the event of infection can the health department request the data release. Then it is checked whether you may have been in contact with the infected person.
- In the past, the app was repeatedly criticized for data protection. For this reason, more and more federal states are terminating the contracts with the provider.
Transfer Data To A New Cell Phone – This Is How It Works
Transfer The Luca App To A New Cell Phone
If you use the Luca app on your smartphone, you can use it to check-in and out of various events or restaurants to simplify contact tracing in the event of corona cases. But can you take your data with you and keep it when you move to a new phone?
- You cannot transfer your history to a new smartphone.
- The Luca app does not have an import or export option.
- It is also not possible to create a backup.
- Instead, you have to download the Luca app on your new smartphone and set it up again.
- However, you can enter the exact contact details or deposit your vaccination certificate again.
Moving To A New Smartphone
So you cannot transfer your data from your old smartphone to your new one. Instead, you must enter them again.
- When setting up your new phone, make sure you enter your unique number and not your old phone number by mistake.
- If possible, you should continue to use your old number, but at least for the first two weeks after moving to the new mobile phone. This makes sense since the health department wants to contact you via your old cell phone in the event of contact.
- If you also use your old number on the new smartphone, you don’t have to worry about this point.