Windows 11 is here – including numerous new settings. Was there another PC with Windows 11, or have you recently upgraded from Windows 10 to the replacement? Then, at that point, you should investigate a portion of the standard settings of the working framework since they are in no way, shape, or form reasonable for all clients.
Just Microsoft benefits from a few. Like Windows 10, the replacement is garrulous and continually calls home. With these tips and apparatuses, you can, for instance, tame your protection settings and set your cherished program as the default.
Huge bombshells with Windows are typically the issues of safety and information assurance. Microsoft likes to gather what is known as telemetry information to guarantee the framework’s dependability. The information communicated in this manner likewise permits broad ends to be drawn regarding the use conduct of PC clients. To take a look at the current arrangement and, if fundamental, change it, continue as follows:
- Open the Settings app, for example, with the keyboard shortcut Windows key + i.
- Click on Privacy & Security on the left, then click Diagnostics & Feedback.
- Deactivate the option Send optional diagnostic data if it is activated.
You can eliminate information that has been gathered under the menu item ” Delete symptomatic information” by tapping on Delete. Coincidentally: You can utilize the free O&O ShutUp10 ++ instrument to make these and numerous other security settings, for example, moving your topographical situation to the Microsoft server. With a couple of snaps, you can recapture control of your security.
Set The Default Browser
In Windows 10, setting any surfing program was done with just a few clicks, not so in Windows 11. Prepare for a half marathon if you don’t want to use Microsoft Edge. Because after installing the desired browser, such as Google Chrome, you have to set Chrome in the “Standard Apps” area as the new standard for each of the eleven entries previously claimed by Microsoft Edge. Specifically, you proceed as follows:
- Open the settings (Windows + i).
- Select the Apps menu item and click on Standard Apps.
- An overview of the standard applications appears, from which you can now select the installed browser, e.g., Google Chrome.
- Now set Chrome as the default for all relevant entries, i.e. for .htm, .html, .pdf, .shtml, .svg, .webp, .xht, .xhtml, FTP, HTTP, HTTPS. Ready!
This makes Chrome your default browser but not your system browser. Windows 11 continues to open Edge when calling messages in the new widgets.
Create A Restore Point
In the wake of introducing another working framework, other than the settings, further work must be done, like introducing different programming and drivers. Issues and slip-ups can generally emerge. So safeguard is suggested – in Windows 11, with a framework reestablish highlight, your PC can be reset in a crisis. To make such a reinforcement, continue as follows:
- Open the start menu.
- Type restore energy into the search and click Create a restore point.
- In the new window, select the system drive, usually (C 🙂 and marked with “(System),” and click the Configure… button.
- Click on the option Activate computer protection and select the maximum possible storage space usage. Two to three percent are recommended at this point.
- Confirm by clicking OK.
- Now click on Create to create a restore point.
- Enter a meaningful name for the recovery point and click Create. That was it.
Turn Off Notifications
Assume you would rather not be upset while working or gaming. You can indicate under Windows 11 which warnings you can hear and see. Windows moves the leftover messages to the warning community, where you can see them whenever. The related choices can be found in the settings under “Framework” nearby “Warning partner.” In the new Clock application, you will observe the center meetings work, empowering undisturbed work with Windows.
Extend The Trial Period
Have you updated from Windows 10 to Windows 11 and are uncertain whether the move was smart? For this situation, the new working framework chooses to switch back. Be that as it may, this main works in the initial ten days after the overhaul. Luckily, the cutoff time can be stretched out to 60 days. This gives you essentially more opportunity to see whether Windows 11 is the right situation for you. Be that as it may, watch out: the expansion to 60 days works in the initial ten days after the update. So speed is required.
Customize The Start Menu
With the update to Windows 11, Microsoft has centered the new start menu and all pinned programs in the taskbar. Move the menu to the left if you don’t like the central display. And in this way:
- Right-click on the system tray.
- Call up the “Taskbar Settings” in the menu.
- In the Settings app that pops up, navigate to “Taskbar behavior” and set the “Taskbar alignment” drop-down menu to “Left.” Ready.
Also Read: What Is Microsoft OneDrive?