By now, we all know Netflix is the most used streaming service in the world, with 200 million subscribers. It has come a long way since 1997, when it offered DVD rental services by mail. There is now much streaming content on the portal, including TV series, films, documentaries, cartoons, and television programs. Some highly appreciated original productions, such as Stranger Things, The Witcher, You, Squid Game, Dark, and many others, are famous.
Many have decided to cancel Netflix or change their plan to a cheaper one, given that the platform has revised the rules, making it difficult, if not impossible, to share the account outside the family unit, as regularly happens between friends or through services like Split and GamsGo. This guide will show how to easily change your subscription and plan on Netflix.
What Plans Are Available On Netflix?
Netflix offers four subscription plans that vary based on price and available features:
The Basic plan with advertising costs €5.49 per month and includes viewing advertising content before the start of the film or series. With this, the download is not available to watch your favorite series when you are offline.
- The Basic plan, which costs €7.99 per month in Italy, includes access to all Netflix content, but viewing is limited to only one device at a time, and the maximum resolution is 720p.
- The Standard plan, for €12.99 per month, allows you to watch content on two devices simultaneously, and the maximum resolution is 1080p. Those with this subscription can add one extra user (even outside the family unit) for €4.99 more monthly.
- The Premium plan, for €17.99 per month, offers viewing on four devices simultaneously, and the maximum resolution is 4K Ultra HD with HDR. The holder of this subscription can add a maximum of 2 extra users (even outside the family unit) for €4.99 more per month for each user.
It’s easy to understand that the cost of the Premium subscription with three people sharing costs as much as €27.99 per month (i.e., €9.33 each). On the contrary, before the terms were updated, you could save up to €4.50 each for four people with a Premium subscription.
How Do I Change My Subscription To Netflix?
The change is simple and only possible from a web browser (not via the app). After logging in with your credentials (email and password), you must:
- Enter one of the created profiles;
- Go to the top right of the profile picture, and a drop-down menu will appear.
- Click on the “Account” item.
- then press on the writing “Edit plan”;
- A page will open where you can choose the new plan you are interested in and click on “Continue.”.
Please note: It is important to note that if your account is blocked, you can only make changes once the block is resolved. Plus, if you decide to upgrade to a more expensive plan, the change will take effect immediately, and you’ll be able to take advantage of all the new features immediately. However, if you switch to a less expensive plan, the change will only take effect on your next billing date. In the event of a blocked account, you must contact Netflix customer service, who will explain how to resolve the problem.
When Is A Netflix Account Blocked? And How Do You Solve It?
A Netflix account can be blocked for various reasons, such as a missed payment, suspicious usage, or violations of the terms of service. To resolve the issue, the first step is to identify the cause of the freeze. If your account has been blocked due to a missed payment, you must pay the debt to reactivate your account.
However, if it has been blocked due to suspicious use, it may have been compromised, so it is advisable to change the password and ensure no other unauthorized access. Netflix may have sent you an email or notification if your account was blocked for Terms of Service violations. In this scenario, reading the information provided and acting accordingly is essential. Finally, if your account has been blocked incorrectly, you can contact Netflix support to resolve the situation.
Also Read: AutoGPT Is An AI That Doesn’t Need Humans