“Youtube, with its two and a half billion users a month, is one of the most famous social networks in the world and, therefore, a fundamental tool for reaching a wider audience to make your brand known. Google Ads ads can also be used on Youtube.
Youtube, with its two and a half billion users a month, is one of the most famous social networks in the world and, therefore, a fundamental tool for reaching a wider audience to make your brand known. Google Ads can also be used on Youtube to reach new audiences, make your products and services known and expand your brand’s visibility. But how do they work?
What Are Youtube Ads?
Youtube Ads are visual and audio advertisements broadcast for a few seconds before, during or after a video. This type of Ad is done through Google Ads. Google Ads on Youtube are perfect for:
- Achieve your commercial goals more easily: increase sales, increase site traffic, promote brand awareness
- Intercept an audience more in line with your commercial proposals.
- Accurately measure the results (views, clicks, accesses to the site…) deriving from promotional activities
The Types Of Ads Of Youtube Ads
Google provides you with many formats for crafting eye-catching YouTube ads that capture your audience’s attention.
- Display Ads – Selectable image or animation that appears to the right of the featured video when browsing from a desktop. The dimensions for this ad type are 300×250 or 300×60 pixels. Animations can appear for up to 30 seconds. The maximum size is 150 KB. Supported file formats are JPG, GIF, PNG and HTML5.
- Skippable in-stream ads – Play automatically before, during, or after a video starts. The user can decide whether to interrupt them after 5 seconds or let them continue at the end (lasting between 12 seconds and 6 minutes). These ads must be uploaded to Youtube in MP4 format. The preferred format is 1080p, but 720p is also acceptable.
- Non-Skippable In-Stream Ads – Play automatically before, after, or during a video and cannot be stopped by the user. He can only let them continue up to the duration (maximum 15/20 seconds, depending on the country) or exit the video. Therefore you need to use those 15 seconds to convince the user through an intelligent call to action.
- Bumper ads: consist of short ads – maximum duration 6 seconds – designed to capture attention quickly. They contain a powerful and easy-to-remember message. They can be broadcast on a desktop or mobile device before, after, or during a video. The maximum file size is 1GB. MP4, MPEG, AVI, ASF, and Quicktime formats can be applied.
- Video Discovery Ads: Reach viewers on YouTube as they discover new content. They can have different appearances depending on the formats the content publishers host. When a user clicks on the thumbnail, the ad is played on Youtube or the thumbnail page.
- Outstream ads: These can appear on tablets and devices and are designed to encourage user interaction. They are designed to increase the visibility of a brand outside Youtube.
- Sponsored Listings – Ads that appear in the videos the user views as a popup with a call to action. These types of ads only appear for a few seconds. If they want to learn more, users can click on the entry at the top right of the video. They can appear on both mobile and desktop devices. They are primarily useful for advertising your products and services in a targeted manner. JPEG, GIF and PNG files are accepted.
- Overlay Ads – A semi-transparent banner at the bottom of a video. It appears as a clickable text box or image. Appears only for desktop users.
How To Create A Youtube Ads Video Campaign
When you create a new video campaign in your Google Ads account, you’ll need to select one of the following objectives:
- Website Traffic
- Consideration of the product and the brand
- Brand awareness and reach
From the objective derives the campaign subtype that you can activate, i.e., the ad format, to maximize the objectives’ success. “Generate conversions”, for example, is appropriate for campaigns aiming to increase sales directly. To optimize a Youtube Ads campaign, you must establish how to use the available budget effectively. It would help if you, therefore, established what the objective you want to pursue, for example, is:
- make your ad viewable
- click on the ad
- get conversions from the site
The platform provides targeting features to direct your ads to the kind of audience most likely to receive them, based, for example, on the:
- spoken language
- specific location
- certain interests
Furthermore, exclusions can be set so ads are not associated with sensitive content. Ads are usually approved within a day. Ads can be organized into groups to achieve better targeting. Users can be distinguished based on the following:
- demographic data (e.g. age, gender, income, marital status, etc.)
- audience segments (groupings based on interests, demographics, and intentions)
We are now ready to launch our campaign! To proceed, we need to decide which campaign sub-model to adopt among those available:
- Custom video campaign: recommended when creating an in-stream video campaign. You can activate bumper ads, video discovery (which appear in Youtube searches) and skippable ads.
- Outstream: video ads published outside Youtube – generally without audio – ideal for increasing your visibility
- Ad Sequence – Show a series of videos in the desired order to promote your products
- Shopping (“trueView for shopping “): makes users aware of their products, providing information that encourages purchases
- Generate conversions (“trueView for action” ): They increase conversions through highlighted CTA, text overlay and final screen.
- Non-skippable in-stream: Serving non-skippable in-stream ads
How Much Do Youtube Ads Cost
All very nice, but what is the cost of Youtube Ads? The cost of the advertising campaign on Youtube depends on three factors:
- the characteristics of the public to be reached
- industry competition to face
- the effectiveness of the ad to be proposed (based both on characteristics of technical success and affinity with the tastes of the public
There is, therefore, no minimum bid, as the requested budget considers all these factors. It is, therefore, necessary to establish a daily budget and then modify it according to the effects of the campaign.
Also Read: 5 Apps That Can Help Your Business Grow