Find out who the new consumers and entrepreneurs are and how to adapt your business choices for a successful business. Change is everywhere. In nature, in ideas, in society. Even when we don’t notice it, a small change occurs around us in some areas. And, of course, this also applies to the business world. We are constantly driving these changes: the people. Consumers change, and entrepreneurs change. Let’s find out how.
Who Are The New Consumers?
To not be left behind, every company must understand the changes taking place around it and give an adequate response. Defining objectives and communicating consistently are two aspects related to public knowledge. Behaviors, habits, and purchasing preferences vary over time, especially today, thanks to the pandemic; they have undergone significant changes. New consumers can be divided into four main groups :
- Protectors: They are the most attentive to searching for health, social and economic security for themselves and their loved ones.
- Calm down: They do not want to be overwhelmed by the emotional aspect and try to rebuild normality and take advantage of the more time available for themselves.
- Committed: Very active, always on the move to find practical and concrete solutions to face change, both at the family and community level.
- Surrendered: Worry and fear have taken over this group of people, who appear to be quite firm concerning change and struggle to adapt.
What Are The Habits Of New Consumers?
The external changes entered into everyday life have determined different attitudes and created new habits :
- Increase in online purchases and home deliveries: The lockdown made experimenting with different solutions to meet everyday needs. People started trying, to the point of making just this approach;
- Social communication and information: If the social world had already taken hold, it has now become the hub of numerous activities, from the search for transmission to the desire for entertainment, up to daily communication with others;
- Pay attention to commercials and online promotions: Digital advertising has gained more and more appeal to the detriment of offline advertising. Influencers have become the spokespersons of entire slices of the public.
Who Are The New Entrepreneurs?
The figure of the entrepreneur is dynamic in itself. He shapes himself to the times and innovation; he is never immune to change. Ignoring changes for an entrepreneur could mean running aground in front of new possibilities and challenges. Every entrepreneur in the face of change reacts in his way, based on the values and vision he pursues and the target he wants to reach. New entrepreneurs can be divided into four main groups :
- Real estate: They tend to have numerous fears and to stick to their usual positions. They don’t have a broad and accurate view of their business, and there is no real underlying strategy.
- Dreamers: Vision and project are evident. To compensate for the lack of a correct marketing approach, these entrepreneurs rely on external consultants but have few resources to invest in.
- Innovative: They are entrepreneurs who manage ideas, planning, and budgets in perfect synergy. They drive change to cope with change and benefit from it.
- Confusing: Despite the financial resources available, these entrepreneurs lack a precise idea of what to do. They know they have to change, but they throw themselves into unstructured projects.
What Was The Impact Of Covid-19 On Business Decisions?
Business choices are always a delicate terrain. Determining which moves are the ones that lead to success is not a foregone conclusion. Yet, today, the significant changes that have taken place in everyday life, in the consumer, and the markets due to Covid-19 have highlighted some decisions that unite many entrepreneurs :
- Digital experience: Companies have been more digitized, forms of collaboration made more dynamic, and the user’s consumer experience has been integrated offline and online.
- The centrality of the person: The focus shifts to people’s well-being. Regarding both customers and employees. Teamwork guarantees a better result than individual action and is indispensable for a successful entrepreneur. In this new perspective, profit is not lost sight of but is seen as a tool – and not as an end – to achieve a condition of common benefit.
- The vision of the future: Change must be supported by a conceived, structured, strategically planned, and implemented project. The idea of the future helps in business decisions, even the most innovative and revolutionary ones. It goes hand in hand with intuition; that unfailing ability in a good entrepreneur helps him imagine trends and products and anticipate requests.
- Creativity: New needs can be answered with creative solutions. This is why an entrepreneur must be curious about the market, competitors, and the public. Comparing with other entrepreneurs, collaborators and suppliers can be a valid stimulus to remodel your business.
How Do You Respond To Consumer Expectations?
Last year’s events awakened many fears and highlighted the most human side. Several brands have, in many cases, been points of reference for addressing the situation, highlighting social commitment, and providing concrete answers. These brands, despite the crisis, have been able to resist and perhaps grow.
In general, the approach proved to be correct, as it is based on messages, tone of voice, and actions that respond to the needs and requirements of the target. To get to people when there is a change is the way to go—adjusting choices and communication to reassure change and awaken trust.
Three Steps To Attract Consumers
- Refresh the brand identity: Recalibrating values and tone of voice to align your company with change will also help you connect with the public.
- Promote without scaring: Relieve the sense of panic and encourage empathy with the proposal of products and services that facilitate the adaptation to change.
- Offline to online: Migration has been going on for some time; make the digital experience with your company easy, positive, and human.
How To Communicate With Consumers Today?
Consumers want to continue to recognize themselves in brand values. What has changed are these values. The values have been modified starting from the new needs dictated by the change. Previously, many brands focused their communication on aspects such as:
- self-confidence and individuality
- meeting and confrontation
- experimentation and fun
- Exploration and invention.
Today, the communication has shifted to :
- sense of belonging
- reciprocity and person
- safety and presence
- intimacy and depth
- gratitude and kindness
- care and reflection
Being able to integrate these elements into communication, amalgamating aspects belonging to both groups, allows you to adapt touch to the present and cast a glance into future perspectives.
Also Read: Why Sell On Facebook Marketplace?