Regardless of size, Instagram has become a defining social network for every company or business. The App, created for sharing mobile content, is, in all respects, one of the essential tools for building a successful brand in any field now. Without a strong Instagram presence, businesses risk being ignored or forgotten, especially by younger consumers.
Instagram Is Good For SMEs
Have a small business? Instagram is the perfect platform for marketing your SME. Using Instagram is a powerful way to:
- grow your business,
- reach new customers,
- keep in touch with those already acquired,
- sell directly from the App.
If you want to see your IG account overgrow, the “trick” is to:
- be able to engage your audience,
- create a strategy that is 50% artistic and 50% tactical.
Oh, I know, the balance between “art” and strategy is often difficult, especially if you’re starting, so today, I want to help you get off to a great start. Surprise: I have prepared a complete guide for you!
Create A Winning Instagram Strategy For Small Businesses
A recent study defined IG as “the king of social engagement”: posts published by the most influential brands have an Engagement rate per follower of 4.21%. Instagram grants these brands 58 times more engagement per user than Facebook and 120 times more than Twitter. Even your small business can significantly impact Instagram – if you strike the right balance between art and strategy, the App can help you unlock your sales potential.
Many SMBs have learned to take great photos and feed well but still falter on the vital ingredient: post-sales strategy. “But isn’t it creative and beautiful enough to look at enough?”. No, it takes a holistic approach. Now that you know how to take care of your posts’ aesthetic side, let’s see how you can attract new audiences to direct them to your website. You’ve done the first step. You have an Instagram account full of beautiful photos. Now you need a strategy that aligns with your brand’s overall image, aesthetic, and business purpose.
A Global And Holistic Approach To Digital Marketing On IG: 4 Key Factors
- People buy from the companies they like. The products indeed count, but also the brand ethics expressed through the posts: we buy from the brands we like the most.
- People like companies they can trust. The trust factor affects a lot, especially for small brands. Build a trusting relationship with your followers.
- The relationship builds trust. The stronger your relationship with your followers, the more likely they will trust your business and buy from you.
- Content builds relationships online. Every post, caption and Instagram Story you produce builds that relationship: think carefully about what you share or post, and always ask yourself if it aligns with the corporate personality.
- The guiding principle is to build a curated visual experience that showcases your brand, creatively presented and strategically planned to build a strong relationship with your audience.
Instagram For Small Business: Why You Should Drive Traffic From Instagram To Your Website
If you deal with Social Media Marketing (SMM), always keep in mind that:
- Your followers are not your property,
- Only the relationship you have built with them binds them to you,
- If the relationship is good, it is almost natural for a follower to become a customer.
Marching ladder (what you have to do)
- Always look for opportunities to move people from Instagram to your website or online store.
- Do you have a B2C business? Then you could run an Instagram promotion to get people to visit your website and shop with a promo code.
- If, on the other hand, you have a B2B business, try providing a free guide, e-Book or training course – these are the easiest ways to attract people to your brand.
- Don’t overlook Calls to Action for captions and stories.